Wednesday, December 7, 2011

FREE Fitness Meet Up Group!


I've started The Somers Primal Health Fitness Group on MeetUp! Click here to sign up (free) so you can get info and updates. This group is open for everyone that wants to take part!

Here's why I chose to start this group: I've noticed throughout my years of personal training is that there is a dearth of knowledge out there regarding foundational movements. Misconceptions abound about essential movements such as squats and pushups. MOST of my clients need to be re-trained, that is if anyone ever bothered to teach them in the first place at all! That's where I come in! biggrin

I believe that EVERYONE can and SHOULD learn these functional exercises in order to increase their quality of life. If you are thinking "but I can't do that because..." then email me before you decide for CERTAIN you can't do this! When I say everyone I mean it. Let me put it this way, learning to squat properly is ESSENTIAL in order to be able to use the toilet. If you can do that, then you can do this! Knee trouble, back trouble, shoulder trouble...everyone can do something. You just need to know HOW!

Okay, so instead you're thinking "but I'm healthy & fit and this group is too basic for me." Nope! I'll address your needs also! Let's make sure your basic forms are good and solid, strengthen your posterior chain, increase flexibility, tweak your diet: everyone can use some guidance. Heck, I rely on my own coach to make sure I'm constantly improving too! If you can do bodyweight exercises, let's change up the weight or speed.

Method:
Each MeetUp we will go over a different movement or topic. Come to each one, or pick and choose. These MeetUps are FREE to attend, so please bring a friend! You are always free to take part as much or as little as you feel comfortable.

  • I will always do warmup/cool down stretches and drills.
At "Clinics" we will specifically address:
  • the basics of a movement/ topic from a how-to
  • how to increase the difficulty of a movement (ie proper back squat techniques..there's more than one!)
  • how to incorporate it into your workout.
  • how to scale a movement based on your particular needs/concerns/injuries etc
Once you have the basics down, crazy things happen...don't worry, I'll title those "crazy workouts" as such so you know what to expect!

I sincerely appreciate the opportunity to teach you how to increase the quality of your lives through increased quality of movement! I look forward to meeting you soon smile Thanks again!
~Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment