Saturday, November 3, 2012

Spirulina: Update

Last week I started taking spirulina in a glass of apple cider each day. I'm not sure why exactly, but after doing a little research I found it does have some redeemable qualities: mostly in its vitamin, mineral and phytonutrient profile. My intentions of taking it everyday were slightly interrupted by this little matter of Hurricane Sandy. I will now continue taking it, but right now I can't give any testimonials.

Something else I read that you can do with spirulina was making into a face mask...

Yah, I thought it sounded scary too. So I had to try it.

Spirulina Face Mask

  1. Shot glass or small paper cup
  2. 1/2 Tsp spirulina
  3. 1 Tsp Water
Add spirulina to the glass/cup. Add water and mix until blended. Smear on your face, a little goes a long way! Wait 20 minutes (it will dry rather faster than that) and use a warm washcloth to remove gently.

BEWARE! The following image is frightening and may stay with you long after you read this post!

I warned you!

What I discovered was that this stuff IS a great face mask. It tightens up like crazy, so be ready for that. My stunned look in this picture attests to that, I couldn't blink! Afterwards though, your skin is super soft and silky and not with the slightest tinge of green!

I feel badly that I've ruined your eyes with that last picture, so here's a kitten picture to make it up to you :)

With fittest intentions,

Michelle

 

No comments:

Post a Comment