Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Voices of Chalk & Chi

If you follow me on FaceBook or on Twitter, you will see that there are two voices talking to you. Chalk and, well, Chi. Let me introduce them both to you now.

Chalk is the muscle head, if you will, of the two. Chalk enjoys lifting things up, putting them down, well-meant smack talk and getting her butt whooped on a good work out. If the workout involves snatches she's most happy even though a shout or growl of frustration doesn't signify despair for her either. You will find her with chalk on her hands, on the bar, on the mat mixed with a little sweat and maybe a chalky handprint on her butt. She's a little messy, but that's just Chalk for you.

Chi on the other hand is a little quieter. Chi likes to contemplate stillness as it relates to movement and is more likely to get distracted by a flock of birds flying by than Chalk is. Chi enjoys long walks on the beach, mud between her toes and can meditate her way out of a paper bag. Chi says, "thats because the paper bag doesn't really exist anyway you know." Did you know?

So these are my coaches. Some people claim to have a devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other. I have Chalk reminding me to keep moving and that I'm strong enough to complete any task. On the other shoulder I have Chi here to remind me to live in the now, and right now I can do any task.

I can learn valuable lessons from both schools of thought and approach. Thanks to these two i can hope that these two will lean on and strengthen the other thereby creating a necessary balance in my health and in my life.

Even though I don't always like what they have to say at exactly the time they have to say it....(ie, "REST dopey!")

 

With fittest intentions,

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment